@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Jan. 6th Games

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jan. 6th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:08 pm

I love the word snarky. Excellent verbiage !!

In case any Forum members minds were caught in a Flash Freeze tonight..... I'm very grateful to Tulliver to the information sent to me and then me posting it on the Forum about the rescheduling of the North at Salem game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:44 pm

"How dare you speak ill of the Lilac City"

Justin Mac

I've been meaning to talk to Justin about all the newsworthy events taking place in Rochester lately  Wink 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Box score of thrilling Londonderry victory over Winny courtesy of NHSP:

http://nhsportspage.com/game_details.php?game_id=2032627&schedule_id=202386

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  BasketballJones on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 am

Londonderry is for real folks. Solid guard play (Freshman Caleb Green gives this program a vocal leader on the floor and a damn good playmaker despite his "experience") and a much improved, highly active defense highlights this club early. New coach Nate Stanton has this team on the right track. Let's hope the parents and whomever else who like to complain in this town keep their mouths shut and let this process develop. This is the best product the Lancers have put on the floor since the days of Coach Mike Beeman and Senior point guard Kenny Stewart '99 when the program was a league best 17-1, beating Matt Bonner and the Tide along the way. It's a long season, so we'll see how things play out, but this club is going to give a lot of teams trouble as long as they can stay healthy and the administration protects their new coach.

BasketballJones
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:44 am

I saw Kenny Stewart play for Lond against Pinkerton on a Saturday night at Pinkerton. They had BOTH sides of the stands open and it was PACKED. Great atmosphere and a great game.

Now, those were the days !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:59 am

Nice article from Fosters on the Spaulding 69 to 68 victory over Memorial. There is actually an old school complete box score.

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140107/GJSPORTS_01/140109548/-1/FOSSPORTS

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  UNH Sports on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't catch the Bedford vs Central game. I did hear that Bedford was playing without their 6'7 starting center though, so Im surprised to see how close this game ended up. Also saw a tweet that Bedford is 0-3, all losses by 3 points, two in OT and one by a buzzer beater. Unreal.

UNH Sports
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Dave Haley with a nice article about the thrilling Lancer 1 point victory over the Warriors:

http://nhsportspage.com/news.php?news_id=874818

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan 7th games

Post  3buoyshoops on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Interesting match up tonight with Alvirne @ Merrimack and 2 other games Dover @ Concord & Trinity @ Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:58 am

Trinity 57 Timby 36. Was a 23-16 halftime lead for Trinity. Carmen G ended with 25 and Timby held Gabriel to 5. Coach Keefe played his starters through the 4th until the last minute of the game, so I'm guessing he's happy he didn't follow 3buoys advice and leave them at home.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

trinity/timby

Post  3buoyshoops on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:06 am

Pretty hard for even coach Keefe to get up for this game Bosco,Trinity starters must of been exhausted playing entire game until last minute...........Like I said TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 am

While that may be true, I'm just pointing out that there are too many variables in New Hampshire high school basketball for even the best teams to just walk into any gym and not put forth a decent effort, let alone leave five starters at home.  Trinity and Timberlane have certainly been on opposite ends of the spectrum for quite some time, but the personalities, talent and fortunes of teams at each school changes every year and at some point sooner rather than later, Timberlane is going to beat someone.  I'm simply saying the margin between good and bad may be five starters wide on paper, but the games aren't played on paper.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 am

"Coach Keefe played his starters through the 4th until the last minute of the game, so I'm guessing he's happy he didn't follow 3buoys advice and leave them at home."
BoscoD39

I have no issue with Trinity having their starters in this game to almost the end. The schedule has been so sporadic coming off the holidays and with postponements and cancellations I'm sure all the coaches are looking for a team rhythm. Last night's game was Trinity's 2nd game in 10 days. They have Salem tonight and then have to wait another 6 days to play South. That will make 4 games in 17 days. I see some teams have 3 games in 5 days this week. The schedule with all the factors of late start, holidays, cancellations, slippery floors FLASH FREEZE and leaky roofs is just really strange so far this season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:28 am

I have no issue with it either. My point was that it wasn't the blowout Buoy was expecting and the starters were needed.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:35 am

No problem Bosco. Some people might look at starters being in at the end of a Top tier team against a lower tier team and say Why?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

trinity/timby

Post  3buoyshoops on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:26 am

As many famous "Manchesrter" Area referees have pointed out to me.....No Blood............No foul. I will address the Timby/Keene/Concord......Situations as i see them when I free up some disc space and in no way shape or form does it have to do with any player's/teams or efforts as they pertain to the hardwood.

Oh yeh, Alvirne took Merri to 2OT'S last night before succumbing in Merrimack.....very interesting in this young season.
Concord Dispatched Dover.................................................................on to tonight

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum