@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

projections for 2013-2014?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

projections 2013/2014

Post  3buoyshoops on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 am

T & F, Nice to see you monday evening, as usual nice job, Edge, nice to meet you and thanks for the English lesson I must of skipped that day. I too owe an apology to the very respected and alway's sound program of Salem and Rob for my omission of them from my projections. it was actually Salem and E.J. Perry's/Rob M's programs and the quality of those programs ie: tough, fundamentally sound, hard working, in your grill basketball teams that enhanced my love for NH. D1 Hoops. One of the top 3 "programs" in the state i think most will agree. Sorry Rob, your in the "Maybe next year" group, middle of the pack and I see Salem hovering around .500 or just below. Just don't have the horses but they will bang with the best of them and bloody and few teams. Exeter/West game the other night I observed an Exeter team that was crisp, well conditioned and ready to play. I cannot say the same for West, I think they do have a good nucleus of players there but they looked confused, out of sync and Gassed after 1 quarter and Exeter just kept the throttle on until game was out of reach. West will win games just not many.At this level you better be ready, physically and mentally every game!!. West will improve. Edge, I respectfully disagree I've seen better Londonderry teams flounder in mediocrity way to often, always gritty, tough, and in games but with the lack of a constant over there with coaching and the higher up's to establish a strong program/constant message year in and year out I just don't see it. They to will hover around .500 or just above/below, hope i'm wrong but without that constant I worry. T & F , your welcome, Keeps us informed on the Make-up's pleased and don't chip a tooth on that whistle, have a great season...............C u guy's on the hardwood! way toooo often I'm sure..............................................................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

projections 2013/2014

Post  tjd68 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Londonderry is the real deal. They're fast, they play defense, and shoot lights out. .500 is an insult, keep them in the top 5 where they belong.

tjd68
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Re: projections for 2013-2014?

Post  The Edge on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:17 pm

3bouyshoops - Pinkerton embarrassing NH basketball at Commonwealth Classic in Mass.

Central 59, Pinkerton 25 final

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:26 am

Now now Edge, be nice. Central Catholic produces some good college players and are always a very strong program.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

projections 2013/2014 Holiday Cheer

Post  3buoyshoops on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:57 am

eeeehhh, I DESERVE it edgey, 3 outta 4 aint bad?, must admit looks like i missed the boat on Boston....ooops i mean Pinky! Now i know how that kid in the corner felt. Have too also say most NH teams would struggle with Central Catholic. But NO excuses, obviously the pink elephant is going to struggle this season to find itself. excited for the season, have a breakfast to work this morning, i be back with a "SEACOAST D1 POWER POLL" later, I think it will be more objective than the home boy/manchester fan boy ones. Tomorrow nights slate should be fun as well big one outta the gates for Bedford again as they travel to BG!. Hey JAF what you think of Mig's team this year?. No more fanboy GNG blowing their horn, whats your inside opinion? ooooops Lobster omelette's all around.................................................................................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 am

I haven't had a chance to see them yet this year... I hope to go tomorrow... I think though we'll find it'll be much of the same from Migs' crew... They'll do well for stretches and Jimmy will be "happy"... Then some substitutions will be made and the boys will "falter" a bit leading to "discontent" from the top dog and a lot of "quick changes" (I still chuckle over the 3 point "contagious" disease comment from the Alvirne pre-season Jamboree). Depending on the timing of the changes and whether the "flow" can return to normal before the end of the game will play a large part in whether they win or lose. Players worrying about being replaced can take one of two paths - either they perform under that microscope or they play too tentatively for fear of being replaced. In the end, that's what I think the coach is looking to determine.

Whether they're a top 5 team - who knows. They might be deeper than others, but depth comes at a price. Seems Gavin had a great opening night - so now teams will key on him and that'll force someone else to step up. Is he at the same level as a Gendron, Grande, Meservey, etc. who can carry a team even though he's being doubled - who knows - but the secret is out about his ability.... In the long run, I think they have the pieces, but as has been the norm for a few years - there's always some undercurrent that disrupts the chemistry. A talented player who believes they are "above reproach" who disrupts the flow...

Can't wait for the Central v. BG game again this year :-) Yes, I know it won't be regular season, but hopefully it'll be in Durham as the prelude to whomever gets Trinity... Two teams that could finish with the same record, same points/rating, but yet still not play each other during the regular season... Something has to "give" in how the NHIAA schedules or defines divisions so that every team plays every other team... It'd be even better to have home/home games and a longer season.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:41 am

"there's always some undercurrent that disrupts the chemistry. A talented player who believes they are "above reproach" who disrupts the flow..."
Jaf

I believe the above statement by Jaf is the most crystal clear statement when talking about BG.......or any other team trying to make a run to the Ship. It seems there has been a greater frequency of HS basketball players in the last few years:

Who believe they are "above reproach" who disrupts the flow....

HS basketball players might be more physically talented, stronger and more skilled than a lot of players of days of yore, but the mental decision making hasn't kept pace with the physical part. Too many times we see players in street clothes on the bench or not in the gym at all even though they're still on the roster. In this day of instant communication and some one knowing and seeing your every move you would think these players would be smarter with their actions, behavior or study habits..........

.......But no and their teams pay the consequences after working extremely hard to prepare for a season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:09 pm

3buoyshoops wrote:eeeehhh, I DESERVE it edgey, 3 outta 4 aint bad?, must admit looks like i missed the boat on Boston....ooops i mean Pinky! Now i know how that kid in the corner felt. Have too also say most NH teams would struggle with Central Catholic. 

I know a NH team that went 1 and 2 with them over the summer/fall with the 2 loses around 10 points

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

"SEACOAST" Division 1 NH High School Boy's Basketball "POWER POLL"

Post  3buoyshoops on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:11 pm

After one week of regular season D1 hoops, Holiday tourney's,research, feedback and observations I give you a Sound effort on objectivity to deliver a solid "beginning of the season" Power poll for D1 boys Hoops. The reason for the "SEACOAST" you ask? is because if you go back to all the pre-season polls in the newspapers and such on the other end of 101 from Concord to Manchester to Nashua you would be led to believe that there are no d1 programs east on 101 deserving of any mention of contention this basketball season. Sound basketball minds know better, Fans that follow our fine sport get it.All the Ref's know...Hello.People that actually get paid to write about it,research it and dig on it?????..................not so sure. Outside of the obvious... half the teams most of the writers picked to be in the upper echelon wont even contend. I can tell you this for a fact, it will be a great D1 season that in this gym rat's opinion is WIDE OPEN. You have 7 no maybe 8 teams that on any given night might be able to pull it off by seasons end if all goes right for some and a little awry for others. Parity...(thanks edge) is what will make the regular season very interesting/entertaining/exciting and unpredictable this 2014 hoops season as hopefully mother nature is done with her scolding and lets the season start in earnest.

POWER POLL D1 BOY'S HOOP "WEEK 1"

#1. TRINITY.....ya I know, I know, they lost to Central, game closer than score, defending champ's, loaded to repeat, Rhoades & Otis the real deal they're good, focused and play with purpose. We know about the star's.
#2 CENTRAL...... Loaded and deep, cocky and skilled, Hanson, the real deal not only can he score the basketball almost at will, he is everywhere has complete game on both ends and is my "player - o - year". experience and some nice looking transfers.
#3 EXETER........DEEP with alot of experience playing together, good mix if they figure out their roles, Medley has potential to be one of best centers in state, point guard Holler,very high basketball IQ. VERY GOOD SUPPORTING CAST.
#4.LONDONDERRY.......Won summer league, have good solid starting 5, off to a good start, I have heard good thing's about them from many......I listen. Solid Team with alot of upside.
#5 WINNACUNNET.........Skill, Experience and kids that have been playing together since in diapers, Ruffin, Knollmeyer and Doyle know the game with a decent supporting cast, Lack height and the ability to be a constant good team every game...one night could beat any team in the state, next not.
#6 BISHOP GUERTIN....Alway's there, good coaching and constant message, 2-0 both went to OT, know what it takes to get there, if Boykins can stay on the floor they are dangerous.
#7 NASHUA SOUTH.... 2 - 0 IMPRESSIVELY, Yordy ?? outta the gate I have to put them here, can they consistantly win? time will tell.
#8. BEDFORD......Lost to both Merrimack and BG in OT to start the season. saw them in Manchester they are big, athletic, and have some players never mind an excellent coach, They will be around here at seasons end once they get Fitzy's system.
#9 MERRIMACK......Will win a lot of regular season games, Gendron excellent player when he wants to be, Goody will need to find someone to handle the ball, Gendron on the ball way to much end to end taking away from his game, a nice mix of players that need to come together.
#10,SALEM,ALVIRNE,SPAULDING,PINKERTON..............?????????????? Again parity seems to be the theme this season which could on some nights provide for some great hoops, some nights not. take your pick, one or more should push the envelope.
#11 THRU ?? They will beat some teams their not supposed tooo......but more often than not they wont.....don't see any threats to seriously contend here.

SEE YOU ON THE HARDWOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Just looked up from my Lobster roll long enough to see the above post by 3 B and I'm thinking......

......... Merrimack is a little higher than 9. I saw a lot of good things in players NOT NAMED Eric Gendron in the QCIBT. Shayne Bourque could be a solid HM All State player if he is a consistent scorer this season. He has that Angly Gangly drive and shot that makes him difficult to defend at 6'5. Dylan Richardson is an intriguing 6'3 Tomo. He looked great against Weaver, but disappeared against Exeter. Zach Kerr is a high energy reserve who comes in and does a lot of positive stuff on the court.

....... I just think Winny is too high. Yes, they have good guards, they can run and score, but their lack of height will hurt them even in this era of no big man. You still have to rebound and prevent rebounds to be a really top echelon team.

....... I have a sneaky suspicion Bedford will finish higher by March. They just have too many good components not to finish 5th to 7th. They will be a matchup nightmare for a lot of teams because of the number of players with length and strength they have.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Londonderry way overated i have them at 8, behind central, trinity, exeter, merrimack, bg, winni, bedford

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Shhhhh, don't let The Edge hear you....... or more importantly, Mrs Edge  affraid affraid affraid 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:01 pm

That is a doghouse you do not want to be in. Trust me.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Perhaps a Lobster roll could get you out of the Edge Family doghouse in the future?

Seems like I've had a bountiful supply of them lately and wouldn't mind sending some your way for Dog House extrication  Wink 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  tjd68 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Londonderry wins over Winnicunett in exciting but slow game. Refs need to bury their whistles. Bball wondering if Londonderry is still WAY overrated and sitting at the 8 spot or do they get a little recognition.

tjd68
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  And 1 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:38 pm

More than a couple questionable calls throughout and at the end of the winni vs londonderry game.. Londonderry does deserve a little more regognition than credited to. That being said i think they are a 7 seed at best behind trinity, central, bedford, bg, exeter, merrimack, and still, winni, however i think seeds 3-8 this year could be a toss up and will be very tight so a very big win for them tonight

And 1
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  3buoyshoops on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Division 1 NH High School Boy's Basketball "POWER POLL" Week 2/3

#1 TRINITY: Took care of Business all week, Focused and playing like Champions,All the pieces are there..................................

# 2 CENTRAL : Mowing them down,VERY DEEP and a Complete team, really really good!!.................................................

#3 BISHOP GUERTIN : The Cardinals won Impressively all week, Have pieces of a complete team at both ends of the floor........

#4 LONDONDERRY: IMPRESSIVE to say the least went on the road all week and took care of business, a NICE TEAM, working hard! Getting it done!!

#5 NASHUA SOUTH: Playing extremely well to this point, Deserving of the 5 hole,beating the teams in front of Them with hard work and smart basketball.

#6.MERRIMACK: Beat Alvirne in double overtime at home, Show signs of coming together, 6 hole where they are now.

#7 ALVIRNE: HAD 2nd best week behind londonderry, impressively going on road all week playing 2 double ot's and beating Memorial last night, 2-1 for the week, surprise team to this point............

#8 SPAULDING: Lost last night to Londonderry but very quietly putting together a respectable season that was suppose to be way down...COACHING !!

# 9 WINNICUNNET : Won one Lost one, Saw them play this week, they'll give you a game but very one dimensional, they play hard! down to #9.

#10 EXETER: Biggest fall of the week, lost all three after impressive start and showing in the QCBIT, Overrated, Played this weeks top 3 and got thoroughly THUMPED in all three games It's not that they Lost to the top tier teams it's that they got man handled by all three, Not ready for the big time,Big hole to dig out of, GUT CHECK time for a team that seems ill prepared and lacks hunger. Time for Coach Holmes and the Blue Hawks to wake up, before they wake up and it's over...........................................

SEE YOU ON THE HARDWOOD!!

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  3buoyshoops on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Division 1 NH High School Boy's Basketball "POWER POLL" Week 4

# 1. MANCHESTER CENTRAL : Clearly the cream of the crop, Beat Trinity or should I say wore them down, They're deep and Complete at all 5 Holes, Now the Clear favorite to run the table and Control D1 Hoop's this Season.

# 2. TRINITY : "At this juncture" the only real threat to topple Central, Very good, Well Coached and they should meet Again.....................................

# 3. MERRIMACK: What can you say they keep winning and are developing into a real nice team, Shayne Bourque has really complemented Gendron well, they've earned it.

# 4. LONDONDERRY: Big win at BG this past week, Continue to play strong hard intelligent hoops, this team when on....will beat yeh.............

# 5. BISHOP GUERTIN : Took a step back this week as it snuck in some bunnies...only to get bitten by a snake at home, GOOD team that will hover here all season.

#6. NASHUA SOUTH : This team is sound, and they bring it hard would not be surprised if they pull off some pretty BIG games going forward.........................

# 7. PINKERTON : Don't look now but they've quietly taken care of business and won five straight against teams most thought "they" would be..coming together a bit and have size, sometimes it just takes a little patience...............................

#8.SPAULDING : Pretty average team that you never know what your gonna get, but one constant is the quality of Coaching is alway's there. they will alway's BRING IT.

#9.WINNACUNNET: Traveled to Salem and got the Win, respectfully at 4 - 2, they can give you a game when on.......................................................

# 10. MANCHESTER MEMORIAL : Playing the best BASKETBALL of all the .500 club over last week, putting up pretty impressive numbers without the drama..........

****** Now into a very good sampling of the teams, I've seen All the top 10 and more, Some multiple times and CLEARLY there is Huge distance between CENTRAL/TRINITY and the rest of the field. I see those two teams as being the most complete teams all 5 holes and with depth. The field............... some nice teams but ALL have major void's and Holes to fill to catch the ELITE two. And on any given night in High School hoops if they catch'm napping and they catch fire could pull it off. Early yet and some will improve and some will drop off, plenty of Time to work on thing's and get better but don't forget...............they will get better tooooooooooooo.

see you on the hardwood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Spaulding and Pinkerton dont belong in the top ten, both are average teams and maybe even lower than average. Bedford and Exeter are clearly better but if ur a prisoner to the records I guess you cant put bedford in the top 10 but clearly they belong there

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

RE: PROJECTION'S

Post  3buoyshoops on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:43 pm

"Prisoner to their records" ???? this is a weekly poll ! The records speak for themselves ! These teams...........to this point...........Have earned it !! IN my opinion, 3 - 13 are fractions apart and parity is the theme...................................one player steps up or one player goes down 3 could end up 13 and visa versa !!!!! Thats what an entire body of work determines which teams get better which get worse........................................Exeter and Bedford better ? they better start show'n it and in a hurry, 33% of season in the books....They got some proven to due..............................................................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  3buoyshoops on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:31 am

Division 1 NH High School Boy's Basketball "POWER POLL" week 5

#1. MANCHESTER CENTRAL : They've set the bar ! Mowing through the "IRON", Getting it done, Clicking on all cylinders!

#2. TRINITY : Really good team that play's in control, poised and taking care of business...............................

#3. MERRIMACK : Couldn't knock off Goliath but they are good at this juncture and Goody's got'm working hard!....

#4. BISHOP GUERTIN: Snuck out of Memorial with the W barely! but that's what good teams do! "They got Jesus", Crushed "Vacation" boy's last night.

#5. NASHUA SOUTH: Haven't had to play the muscle yet but coming together nicely, building momentum, a dangerous team to this point...............

#6. LONDONDERRY: Wearing down a bit, Lost top player to injury (short term), A nice team that work's hard and throw's it up from everywhere............

#7.PINKERTON : Taking care of whats in front of them !!! very one dimensional, with BIG inside game, they'll give you a game.............................

#8 MANCHESTER MEMORIAL: Playing as well as anybody with the exception of the top 3, When they are focused they are GOOD! Let BG slip away!..

#9 WINNACUNNET : 6-2 ??? Have seen them alot, Taking care of the games they should with the experience, IRON on the way, Not buying, a lot of holes!

#10. SPAULDING: Slip sliding away...????, Average team, good coaching, will battle with you hard but they have big void's, They all way's bring it!

see you on the hardwood..........................................................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Lebanon vs Pembroke?

Post  Division2Watch on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Lebanon is the most well rounded team in Division 2 hands down. They have a very deep, nine man rotation, unlike any other team in the division. Lebanon visits Pembroke on Tuesday in what should be the game of the year in D2. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the Lebanon vs. Pembroke matchup?

Division2Watch
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:53 pm

I think this projection thread has run it's course. If you want to talk about games being played this Tuesday Feb. 4t then start a thread for that.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  3buoyshoops on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 am

D1 NH High School Boy's Basketball "POWER POLL" Week 6

#1. MANCHESTER CENTRAL : And the Beat goes on.....................Took care of tough Merri team and cleary the cream.................................

#2.TRINITY : Another outstanding "Team" That play's Team, Disciplined, focused, hard, unselfish Basketball, Taking care of whats layed on em'..........

#3. MERRIMACK: Really came together nicely, very tough team playing hard every game, and playing iron tough as well...............................

#4. Londonderry : Spanked one dimensional Pinky the other night, Playing very well team Basketball.....They've EARNED IT !!!!.............

#5. BISHOP GUERTIN: Excellent team that is just squeaking out win's, think there miss'n a piece or two but they're winning, Mig's got'em playing...........

#6. NASHUA SOUTH : Ran into a trap game the other night Bedford at home and contrasting game equaled big mis-match for them. I still like this teams game and think they are deserving to this point and they have a lot of pieces, can they continue to win with good match up's?...time will tell...............................

#7.Manchester Memorial : Ya, their record doesn't show it, BUT... their playing the Iron very equally and tough and this team when together is top 5...............

#8.PINKERTON: Got beat up in Londonderry other night, Schedule get's tougher and tougher, but to this point where they belong...........................

#9. WINNACUNNET : Played BG to the Buzzer other night have built respectable resume to this point, Thing's get very tough this week and next.............

#10. SPAULDING: Just wont go away......Great coaching and hard working team, very average but they fight.....................................................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum