@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

The NEW NH Sports Page

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The NEW NH Sports Page

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 am

Site went live last night.  You may have to clear your cache, cookies, etc.

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Leave us some feedback...good or bad.

There are a few kinks we're working out with our provider, most importantly allowing videos and additional pictures to be embedded in our game stories.  We'll have league leaders in a few weeks once we get a few games of stats under our belt.  

Its been a lot of work moving over to the new site and we're happy to have an updated look and it will allow us to do a lot of cool things going forward.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The NEW NH Sports Page

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am

Loooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeee  the new site.

Would also love it if Eliot could supply a link of  video of his successful half court heave in the Men's league game that cut the deficit to 13.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Can you get rid of anything that scrolls across the screen looking for you to press somewhere within in order to take some survey (or the little X in the corner to get rid of it - which of course moves and lands you in the survey anyway).

I realize ads bring in revenue, but those are the worst type of ad IMO... Personally, they end up driving me away...

What would be really cool is live scoreboard scrolling... In between the upcoming games and scrolling ad have a mechanism to feed game score updates. Not exactly sure how it'd work, but it would be cool. Sure I can follow various writers who tweet and retweet, but it's nicer to have it in one place. Football season could be the "test" - there's only 2 days of games... Basketball season could put folks into overload with updates...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:58 pm

JAF - Using an Ad Blocker will enhance your web browsing experience in general. I have never had a pop up on our site, and quite frankly was unaware we had any. I will discuss this with our provider but unfortunately to save costs we have to enroll in their national ad program. NH Sports Page doesn't have the revenue to support a ad-free website at this time.

Here's some to use:

AdBlock for Chorme (this is the one I use) - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en
AdBlock Plus - https://adblockplus.org/en/

These should both be free.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 am

Oh I know all about ad blockers... Usually an ad pops up a dialog box or a new window based on how the writer goes about generating the ad code. These particular buggers are a bit different - they're usually disguised as surveys and they overlay on the screen. They usually cause the data behind them to dim a bit and they scroll win a predefined area - sometimes just left to right. If left alone they will "disappear" after a set period of time. Probably run as part of a video program - if one appears again I'll try to remember what it is. They don't appear "every" time you visit a site - just "some" times which is why they're a bit more difficult for traditional ad block software to catch.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:16 pm

JAF - what browser are you using? Firefox has an inspect element feature if you right click on the page. Choose inspect Element. Click Network. then reload the page. It will show you all redirections that the page is sending.
It appears that the NH Sports Page is getting ads from ad.doubleclick.com and ads.yieldmanger.com but there could be more. To stop it you could either add hosts entries in your hosts file pointing theses sites to 127.0.0.1 or simply block them in your firewall software on your PC or better yet at your home router/firewall.
If your using IE the best product I have found for this is called HTTPwatch which I believe is free but I haven't used IE in a long time.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:50 pm

so is this now the New Hampshire sports technical forum section?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:32 pm

T&F: I figure we have to have some discussion in here Shocked 

Edge: I'm using FF on Fedora 19... Hopefully I'll remember the Inspect Element the next time I see the floating ad. IIRC though as aggressive as the ad/popup blockers are at blocking via IP Name/Address is as aggressive as the ad companies are at changing or spoofing their IP address and/or working around blockers. I understand the need for ads and can live with them.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Mostly Pig Latin to me. Tap offs for the REAL B-ball games in late Nov/early Dec can't come soon enough Wink Basketball 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:13 pm

ottagay asspay atthay upidstay IAABO esttay irstfay Very Happy 

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:45 pm

JAF wrote:ottagay asspay atthay upidstay IAABO esttay irstfay Very Happy 
I wish there was a "like" button in this forum!  This one wins a cheers instead!

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Umm... Haley says he went 10-0 on week3 picks - me thinks he forgets that BG beat Keene (his pick) :-)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:50 pm

That's my fault - I wrote that story. I'll fix it, thanks for heads up.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum