New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Summer Thoughts

+14
littlegreen
jumpshot
tjd68
bball101
Crossover
JAF
manchfan
HaleyNHsports
nhbballfan24
Basketball boy
TooClutch
The Edge
dj5hoop
Tuesday and Friday
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Summer Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Thoughts

Post  TooClutch Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Even though trinity lose mabor, they are still the biggest team in the state and the most talented, i dont see anyone beating with or without luke testa

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:53 am

Although i think londonderry has a talented team returning this year and i love them on paper, i think this team lacks physical and mental toughness. I watched most their games last year and the one that stood out the most was their game at keene, keenes point guard boulay was benched in the first half for some disciplinary reason and the lancers jump out on keene in a huge way, at the end of the first quarter it was 22-4 londonderry. The lancers kept the led at 18 going into the half. Keenes point guard returned in the second half, londerderry had a 10 point lead going into thr forth and ended up losing in overtime, they couldnt close the game and late in the game keene just went with an isolation for their point guard almost every play and it either resulted in a foul or basket. He ended up scoring 20pts in only a half, the point is that they didnt have anyone step up defensively to make a big stop or a big play which is what most games come down too, and they had so many chances to step on keenes throat when they had a 22-4 lead but failed too. I think these are the things that will prevent the lancers from being an elite team

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  tjd68 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:21 pm

bball101 dont you think they might have a new coach because of games like that? The starters were pulled way to early in the game and then came out cold in the second half after sitting 30+ minutes. They should have put the game out of reach in the first half. The team this year is very much mentally tough but they do lack the physical toughness and size that many teams have. With that being said the team is extremely talented and with their new uptempo style of play I believe they will do very well in the division this year.

tjd68
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

We will see when the season starts but in my opinion they dont attack the rim enough and although ball and coleman are great jump shooters, some games those shots dont fall and you need someone who will take it hard to the rim and get to the line, maybe convney will be that guy, but last year i didnt see that out of ball or coleman

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  manchfan Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm

tjd68 wrote:bball101 dont you think they might have a new coach because of games like that? The starters were pulled way to early in the game and then came out cold in the second half after sitting 30+ minutes. They should have put the game out of reach in the first half. The team this year is very much mentally tough but they do lack the physical toughness and size that many teams have. With that being said the team is extremely talented and with their new uptempo style of play I believe they will do very well in the division this year.
tjd68,
I strongly disagree with the fact that the starters were pulled out way to early. They played their normal minutes. I think it goes back to what bball101 said, they were not mentally tough enough to put Keene away. Like bball101 said they are talented, but the mentally they could not step up and make the big play when they needed to.

bball101
I have watched Coveney play a lot this summer in the Memorial league. Although I do think the league as a whole was weak one thing stood out. . . Coveney is the real deal. He would have made that stop last year for the Lancers and they would have had a much happier bus ride home. He is a difference maker, probably the only one on the team with mental and physical toughness.

The Lancers winning has nothing to do with x's and o' or anything on the court for that matter. . . the biggest hurdle in Lancerville are the parents. Coach Stanton needs to walk on egg shells. Londonderry has proven that the parents run the athletic programs. Stanton is a good young coach, he needs to be careful because if the Londonderry parents go to their superintendent again Londonderry could just be a stain on his resume.

manchfan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Wow, breath in and tell me what you feel???

Why, that is a breath of fresh basketball air with all this Lancer talk instead of Cardinal talk from Guertin Land....... Wink 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Oh BTW.... Hooksett will be entering into talks with Pinkerton to send their students there starting with the 14/15 school year. I've said this is the 800 pound gorilla for the Manchester School District and their athletic teams at Central & West. Well, it looks like that big gorilla is knocking on the door and wants to break free of the Manchester school system.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:34 am

Its hard to pull out wins late in the game when ur best player is on the sideline because when the game is close the coaches hand the ball to their best player and let him go make a play, and last year londonderry was missing their guy and this theory was proven with both teams as keene without boulay in the first half couldnt do anything going down 22-4 at the end of the first then he comes in the second half and he was the one making all the winning plays late

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi can I ask how the parents are being brought back into this, frankly no one knows how it happened. Unless of course you are a parent in Londonderry all you saying it and if you are I'm sure the forum would appreciate you telling us. Otherwise I can make up rumors like the next guy. Frankly one kid doesn't make a team, Noah vonleh the number 8 player in the country never led his team to a championship at Haverhill. Yes Coveny is a key piece but so is ball and Coleman and everyone on the roster. I am convinced most of you know nothing of the game of basketball but just like to create rumors and stir things up and this is the perfect opportunity. Lancers team is very athletic and other than trinity in my mind the hardest team to cover in the league. So please enough with the coaching change, the parents and one player makes a teAm and just talk about real basketball.

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpshot Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Londonderry was young and inexperienced the whole mental toughness thing generally comes with age

But they looked good this summer at memorial!!!

jumpshot
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:22 am

One player makes an ok team great or a bad team ok, that is just a fact, this isnt 3rd grade kick ball where everybody is equal. Nobody said one player makes a team but it sure does effect a team greatly, take gendron of merrimack last year and they dont make playoffsc

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:23 pm

That is why I said he is a key piece. He is a leader on the team but you are making him seem like the be all end all. And frankly gendron is 10x the player Coveny is you will probably see otherwise. Also two torn meniscus greatly impacts your play last time I checked. I've seen only one game for Londonderry and personally Cody ball is there best player. Watch this year and see what happens because we can't control what happens this fall.

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Summer Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Ltown

Post  littlegreen Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Nice comment Mr. and Mrs. (Blank)  Reading these comments just reinforces the point that L-town is a me me town and will have trouble in a team game like basketball.  The parents got the coach fired because certain kids were not playing and they sulked in the stands all last year in their little 3rd grade fractions.  You had a great guy there and in a couple years you will realize it.  Hope the new man realizes the deal in Londonderry and makes sure that (Blank Blank) plays a lot or he will be out too.

Last edited by littlegreen on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No need to call out names in this instance. Blank Blank will suffice.)

littlegreen
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 am

I just hope the Londonderry people realize that Coach Stanton comes from a program built on defense, grit and effort and I assume will expect nothing less at Londonderry. Team defense and unselfish offense will be stressed, which aren't exactly the favorites of selfish whiny parents.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 am

As a Londonderry parent I am begging this forum to move on. All this talk of parents,coaching,players ability (mental and physical) is counter-productive and fruitless at this point. Last year is water under the bridge. This years team has the potential to be good if all the players play to their potential and they play team basketball on both ends of the floor. So far this summer I like what I see from both the new coach and the team's ability to play team basketball.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:11 pm

I dont know if this is about tim preston himself but i recently saw a tweet from him saying" Its official Lawerance Academy class of 2015" ?????? Wow this could shake a few things up

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbballfan24 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 am

littlegreen wrote:Nice comment Mr. and Mrs. (Blank)  Reading these comments just reinforces the point that L-town is a me me town and will have trouble in a team game like basketball.  The parents got the coach fired because certain kids were not playing and they sulked in the stands all last year in their little 3rd grade fractions.  You had a great guy there and in a couple years you will realize it.  Hope the new man realizes the deal in Londonderry and makes sure that (Blank Blank) plays a lot or he will be out too.
So I guess after all the talk on the forum no one still gets the fact that the old londeonderry coach was not FIRED, but his contract just wasn't renewed. And is it such a bad thing that parents are mad because theyre kids are putting in the time to practice with the team everyday, doing everything that all the other kids on the team do, even the ones who play a lot and the ones who don't, then come gametime they just get to sit on the bench and watch the game? IM not saying that the coach should give equal playing time to everybody,but if that happened to your kid im sure youd be pretty mad too

nhbballfan24
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Summer Thoughts - Page 2 Empty participation award

Post  littlegreen Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:36 pm

And they ALL should get a participation award for being on the team. Come on Man this is HS not MSBL anymore. Not everyone is gonna play .Shouda leaned this lesson by now.

littlegreen
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Summer Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Playing time

Post  NHRamFan Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Once an athlete gets to high school and beyond, they should be aware that playing time is earned. At these levels effort, attendance and desire should be pervasive on the roster. The most important element that determines playing time, however, is SKILL! Hats off to all HS coaches on this issue - we have created a coddled generation of athletes (and parents). Attempting to educate on this point is so frustrating for coaches. Whenever the message is delivered, it seems most parents feel it applies to everyone else, not them.Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Going OT - move to the bleachers section please?!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Summer Thoughts - Page 2 Empty NO more Coaching Speculation on this Thread

Post  Tulliver Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Okay, the Londonderry coach drama has been a merry go round of speculation and it has no place in this thread.

Anyone who cannot abide by that will be reason the thread gets locked - and I will recommend to the board admin that the poster gets a time out.

MOVE on.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:16 am

Just catching up after a whirlwind summer...boy...this thread escalated quickly!

Agreed - move on...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2