New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Playoffs.........PLAYOFFS !!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Playoffs.........PLAYOFFS !!!!!! Empty Playoffs.........PLAYOFFS !!!!!!

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu May 30, 2013 8:41 am

Wow, I can't believe a basketball guy like myself has to come over on the baseball side of the Forum to get discussion going on the baseball playoffs and quote Jim Mora to boot. The playoffs are starting today and there is:

NO DISCUSSION OVER HERE IN BASEBALL LAND ??????

Gee, over on the basketball side we have contests going for brackets and Semi final pools going. Over here on the baseball side it's as dead as Jacob Marley.

You baseball guys are no fun. Well, at least there's a bright side to all this. BST Summer League for HS basketball starts on Sunday June 9th at SNHU with a kick off of a plethora of games in both gyms starting at 9:00 am.

Razz Razz Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Playoffs.........PLAYOFFS !!!!!! Empty Re: Playoffs.........PLAYOFFS !!!!!!

Post  JAF Thu May 30, 2013 12:36 pm

I think quite a few of us (and others) use the High School Baseball Web site as our sounding board, in particular:

http://community.hsbaseballweb.com/topic/2013-season

from the northeast forum which is primarily dominated by NH D1 baseball talk with a few D2 tidbits thrown in.

You basketball people can continue to grump about your coaching situations over here Rolling Eyes

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu May 30, 2013 1:05 pm

us basketball people love talking about coaching situations.

it is very popular and gets a lot of looks !!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Yes, I think they should change it from the "Northeast Forum" to the "New Hampshire Forum".

In D-2, although, as the say, "on any given day", it looks like top seed Goffstown will have no trouble walking to the semifinals. Will they hold Tyler Barss to pitch in the quarters and the finals? I would guess yes.

2 seed Portsmouth will probably not take the risk of holding back ace Rick Holt against Kennett and their ace Nick Massa. Portsmouth has arguably the toughest bracket of the four. If they get by Kennett, they will face the Merrimack Valley / Souhegan winner. Souhegan beat Portsmouth in the regular season, and MV has one of the top pitchers in the state in David Drouin. As with Goffstown and Barss, does MV risk holding back Drouin to save him for Portsmouth in the quarters?

3 seed Pembroke also has a top pitcher in Autrey Gates. They should have no problem handling West today, and could face a tough Windham team in the quarters, assuming Windham gets by Plymouth today.

4 seed Hollis/Brookline should get by a young scrappy St Thomas team today, and face a strong Con-Val team in the quarters. Barring any upsets, the Goffstown-H/B semifinal matchup should be a great one.

Last year's finalist Lebanon really took a downturn this year. After losing 12 or so seniors to graduation, they finished in last place in D-2 with a 2-14 record.

Hoping the nice weather continues, looking forward to the playoffs in all divisions. Good luck to all teams!

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Goffstown got quite a scare today - I saw they were down 1-0 in the 4th, but pulled out a 5-2 win...
Hollis rolled over StThomas and gets #12 Sanborn who upset #5ConVal
Pembroke squeaked by West using Gates, I hope their #2 can contain Windham or its over
Portsmouth seemed to have less trouble with Kennett, but now gets Souhegan

D1 had a few upsets (so far North/Salem playing now and no Spaulding/Bedford result yet)
13 Pinkerton over 4 Keene
10 Dover over 7 Merrimack
11 Exeter over 6 Alvirne
2 Concord over Trinity
8 Timberlane over BG
1 Londonderry over South

Some will say no hitting, but I think there was some great pitching execution today.

D3 had 1 upset (so far) 14 Pelham over 3 Bow

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Thu May 30, 2013 9:28 pm

North over Salem 1-0 in 7

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu May 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Today's D-2 results:
1 Goffstown 5
16 Coe-Brown Northwood 2

8 Hanover 5
9 Oyster River 2

5 Con-Val Regional 0
12 Sanborn Regional 7

4 Hollis/Brookline 15
13 St. Thomas Aquinas 2

3 Pembroke 3
14 Manchester West 1

6 Windham 7
11 Plymouth Regional 2

7 Merrimack Valley 1
10 Souhegan 3

2 Portsmouth 7
15 Kennett 0

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Playoffs.........PLAYOFFS !!!!!! Empty Congrats to Exeter

Post  The Edge Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Congrats to Exeter on the D1 state championship. Great playoff run.

Congrats also to Londonderry. The scoreboard only indicates who won the game. A winner is defined by his determination to succeed, his effort in preparation, and his dedication to the team. The 2013 Londonderry Varsity Baseball team are winners in my book.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down