Post  nhball9 on Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 am

What website are you talking about?

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Discussion

Post  baseball4ever on Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 am

Called Game Changer...a few teams have their game stats listed...it's like a scorebook.

baseball4ever
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  nhball9 on Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 am

School W L Runs scored/average Runs given up/average
Londonderry 8 3 81 /7.36 30 / 2.72
Concord 7 3 47 /4.70 40 /4.0
Spaulding 7 3 51 /5.1 33 /3.3
Bishop Guertin 8 4 54 /4.91 40 /3.64
Nashua North 8 4 63 /5.25 70 /5.83
Merrimack 6 3 41 /4.56 25 /2.78
Exeter 6 4 37 /3.70 40 /4.0
Bedford 5 4 53 / 5.89 52 /5.78
Keene 5 5 69 /6.90 53 /5.30
Trinity 5 5 51 /5.1 49 /4.90

Last edited by nhball9 on Sun May 05, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  baseball4ever on Sun May 05, 2013 11:08 am

nhball9,

Thanks. Great stuff. Coach Demas and Londonderry certainly have impressive numbers especially on the runs given up side. Coach D must be doing something right with the pitching staff, because you can't write the North game off on that side. Ok I will. If you take the North game out of consideration, the Lancers pitching staff has allowed 23 runs in 10 games. Wow.

I think this week is a key week in the standings. Are there any guaranteed wins? will any of the top seeds use a #2 starter for game 1? 2013 will be a wide open tournament. At least until the final four where we will see the best teams prevail.

baseball4ever
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  REVNH on Mon May 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Just curious with all this "best player in the state" chatter at this position or that on this thread. Is it possible good players may be playing in divisions below D1?

REVNH
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonfire3 on Mon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Keene beats Concord! I told u boys these birds are for real. If their linup keeps producing unlike their first few games then they are a legit title threat. Luopa and Parenteau are legit All-State players although they might not get that recognition because no one sees Keene play these two are for real. they have a solid all around team and a deep pitching staff. With most teams they have a dominate pitcher then after that they struggle, with Keene they have a bunch of guys who just get the job done.

Dragonfire3
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Mon May 06, 2013 3:18 pm

REVNH wrote:Just curious with all this "best player in the state" chatter at this position or that on this thread. Is it possible good players may be playing in divisions below D1?

Did you have someone in mind or just throwing a stone against the glass house to see if it breaks Laughing

So far the discussion is dominated by D1 and some D2 talk, but that doesn't mean it's not possible for D3 or D4 chatter. Just remember that it's likely to be questioned due to the level of play and depth in those divisions. As long as folks are respectful and mindful that players read this stuff - it's a good discussion to have. I would think Sahlin from Campbell could give a few D1 rosters quite a bit of trouble. He did quite well in the Fall Showcase league and has been playing against a higher level of competition for a couple of years at AAU or Showcase ball during the summer.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  baseball4ever on Mon May 06, 2013 9:18 pm

REVNH,
Not sure that I see all the "best player in the state chatter" you are referring to. Seems like the discussion regarding Matt Fortin was regarding Perfect Games rankings. Perfect Game is a scouting service, showcase and tournament organization that makes $$$ by ranking players, holding tournaments, and running showcases where they evaluate high school players. They don't care what division a kid plays in. What matters is, did they get see them in a showcase or tournament.

Sure it is probable that there are good players playing in lower divisions...Barss (URI) Doyle (Delta St) Routhier (Franklin Pierce) the list goes on. Feel free to talk about anyone you want. As a matter of fact a D3 player Sahlin is the #1 ranked player in class of 2014. pitcher for Campbell.

When it comes down to it who really cares what a kid does in high school, it's what he does after high school. Last year I heard a lot about a player being great. D1. Best player in the state. etc. I went to see him, he had a so so day. Did it mean he wasn't the best player? Not sure. I heard recently he is not playing in college. I guess what matters is what happens the four years after high school.
Talk, Discuss. Let us know. I can't see everyone.

baseball4ever
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  REVNH on Tue May 07, 2013 1:00 am

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers or speak from a glass house. Smile I completely agree that Sahlin is a quality pitcher, capable of success in any NH Division. I guess I was just reacting to the comment about the best position players seeming to occupy catcher and outfield. My point wasn't to offend (sincere apologies if I did), it was just to simply ask if it is possible that there may be some great middle infielders or corner guys in other divisions. It just strikes me sometimes that so much emphasis is placed on D1, and having seen a fair number of D1 games over the years, I'm not always more impressed with the quality of play there as opposed to D2 or even some D3.

I agree with the previous post that what matters most is what happens after HS. I've only seen Fortin once or twice so I couldn't offer an educated opinion, but I'm sure he earned his PG ranking as well as his Seton Hall scholly. I've seen Lalonde, but not the other two catchers mentioned. Perfect Game seems to have become a pretty well respected organization. My son has played in PG tourneys and will again this coming summer, though he's never participated in one of their showcases. Another pretty good tool that is division blind is Area Code Team invites. In order to get an invite you have to get an invitation from a Major League scout (or the MLB scouting bureau) and the tryout, teams, and tourney is all free of charge. There are eight teams nationally, the northeast team is Pennsylvania and northeast from there.

Anyhow, I wish all players in all divisions the best of luck in the second half and playoffs, hopefully some of these guys will move on to play at the next level next year and beyond.

REVNH
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Tue May 07, 2013 8:18 am

REVNH - don't be shy - we're asking for help regarding names you may know about, especially C & P which is usually where the bulk of the "talk" and "comparison" focuses on.

I think the hardest thing about a good INF for a lower division is they may see 2-4 "shots" at them per game while a D1/D2 player may see 2-4 "shots" per inning. D1/D2 batting orders are just plain deeper than D3/D4. Still footwork, speed, and arm strength can be compared. Rating OF's has a lot to do with speed, arm strength, and angles - I wouldn't be surprised to see a lower division OF do just fine defensively at D1/D2. Still there's some pretty good CF's at D1 that cover a ton of ground - not every team has great corner OF's, but that can be said about MLB and college teams too where sometimes you try to hide a good hitter out there.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  REVNH on Tue May 07, 2013 5:54 pm

I guess I might suggest the Drouin kid from Merrimack Valley, pitcher. I believe he's had Major League scouts at every game he has pitched this year. He is committed to U of Hartford, but you never know what he might decide depending on how high in the draft he ends up being projected. Very solid player, both offensively and defensively. He played on the Legion state champ team last summer. Another would be Gates in Pembroke who I believe is headed to St. A's. Speaking of last years champ Legion team, there were 4 D3 kids on that roster, including a pitcher that tied for the team lead with most starts (Bonifant). There was another 4 or 5 D2, and the rest were D1, most if not all Concord kids.

baseball4ever - you mentioned Sahlin being rated the #1 2014 player. I think that's great for him. Where would this list be located, I'd love to see the whole thing. Are the rankings credible?

REVNH
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 pm

I remember the Drouin name - nice that he has scouts trailing him. UofHartford is D1, so that's great for him. I've seen Bonifant, lefty - good pitcher - I think Hopkington had a couple of good pitchers last year - saw them in the preseason. His pickoff move to first was pretty tough on runners. Gates is another name I've read about, but don't know much about.

That Concord Legion team was solid last year and they lose kids every year to the Senior Babe "Big Blue" group... They beat a deep Goffstown team if I remember right...

Great stuff - all you other lurkers let's hear from you too!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  REVNH on Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Big Blue Senior has split the talent in that area for a long time, but I believe there is no more Big Blue program. Good memory JAF, Bonifant was the left hander from Hopkinton. He had a terrific move, it seemed like he picked kids off every game. Best friend a catcher could have. Hopkinton was tough last year, going 20-1 with Bonifant throwing a shutout beating Campbell and Sahlin in the final, though a tough error in the infield cost Campbell runs that were the difference.

REVNH
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum