@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Recruiting

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Recruiting

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:45 am

Too Clutch - not sure about rankings. I'm not a huge fan of them. Our goal is to help kids achieve their goals, not put them on a pedestal that quite honestly, means little to coaches. Rankings are great for fans and parents, but when it comes to actually being recruited, are simply a representation of one (or a few) persons opinion that may or may not mean anything to a collegiate coach.

More to come on this over the summer...

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:48 pm

I agree with what ur saying but I feel like it would just add another reason for people to view nhsportspage and it would be nice to have a second opinion on nh prospect rankings because the kids to follow them

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm

I don't think ranking the kids does much more than promote controversy and arguments that don't go anywhere. Take the argument about pitching that led to the creation of this topic. I understand why it's done elsewhere - although as time went on it wasn't kept as up to date as the original undertaking.

I think baseball recruiting is unlike any other sport - it's very subjective to what each recruiting coach or team is looking for. I've made videos for both football and baseball, by far the baseball was the harder video because coaches look at mechanics more than results. College coaches see what they need and they know who the better players are. They don't need/look at a ranking system... Rarely does anyone "slip through the cracks". Baseball recruiting is played "by the numbers" - throw 90+ and you can be recruited even if not all the pitches are strikes.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:14 pm

I agree that baseball is different for recruiting because its such an up and down game, one game you go 4-4 then the next game u go 0-3. But with a sport like basketball if u watch the game for 5 minutes u can see who the best player on each team is so i think player rankings are good for basketball but for baseball its to hard because bad nights come just as often as good

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum