Official D1 POY, COY and All State Teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official D1 POY, COY and All State Teams

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Here's the OFFICIAL results as posted by today's Nashua Telegraph:

DIVISION I BOYS

Player of the Year: Troy Pelletier, Manchester Central

Coach of the Year: Tim Goodridge, Merrimack

FIRST TEAM: Eric Gendron, Jr., G, Merrimack; Troy Pelletier, Sr., G., Manchester Central; Dominic Paradis, Sr., F, Spaulding; Carmen Giampetruzzi, Sr., F, Trinity; Mabor Gabriel, Sr., F, Trinity; Jeff Lunn, Sr., C, Bishop Guertin.

SECOND TEAM: Jack Preston, Sr., C, Nashua South; Tim Preston, Jr., G, Nashua South; Kaleb Marquis, Sr., G, Concord; Tyler Livingston, Sr., F, Alvirne; Tong Agot, Sr., F, Manchester Memorial.

HONORABLE MENTION: Tyler Russ, Sr., G, Exeter; Kabongo Ngalukulondi, So., G, Manchester Memorial; Cam Meservy, Jr., G, Bedford; Rich Ruffin, Jr., G, Winnacunnet; Jordan Lates, Jr., G, Nashua North; Taylor Surette, Sr., F, Keene; Dawson Dickson, Jr., G, Manchester Central; Patrick Keefe, Jr., G, Trinity; Zoubel Iradukunda, Sr., F, Manchester Memorial; Michael Felix, Jr., G, Salem.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Re: Official D1 POY, COY and All State Teams

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Here's the rest of the POY, COY and All State Teams:

DIVISION II BOYS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Pat Welch, Pembroke Academy

COACH OF THE YEAR: Keith Matte, Lebanon

FIRST TEAM: Pat Welch, Jr, G, Pembroke Academy; Brandon Len, Sr., G, Souhegan; P.J. Flaum, Sr., G, Hollis Brookline; David Hampton, Sr., F, Lebanon; Matt Person, Sr., G, Pembroke Academy.

SECOND TEAM: Ben Landry, Sr., Portsmouth; Cyrus Rothwell-Ferrani, Sr., Hanover; Nick Hoyd, Sr., John Stark; Nick Lazar, Jr., Oyster River; Travis MacDonald, Sr., Portmouth.

HONORABLE MENTION: Connor Walsh, Sr., Hollis Brookline; Zach Simmond, Sr., Souhegan; Jack Vaiknoras, Jr., Pelham; Dominic Morrill, Jr., Lebanon; Kevin Brown, Fr., Pelham; Chris Laurion, Sr., Coe Brown; Colin Sullivan, Jr., Portsmouth; Anthony Shea, Sr., Oyster River; Andrew Lowman, Sr., Oyster River; Joe Nartiff, Sr., St. Thomas.

DIVISION I GIRLS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Meghan Green, Bishop Guertin

COACH OF THE YEAR: John Barry, Pinkerton Academy

FIRST TEAM: Meghan Green, Sr., F, Bishop Guertin; Jamie Sherburne, Jr., G, Bishop Guertin; Sandi Purcell, Jr., G, Alvirne; Taylor Choate, So., G, Nashua North; Haley Driscol, Jr., F, Bedford; Aliza Simpson, Jr., G, Londonderry.

SECOND TEAM: Nicole Hayner, Sr., G, Bishop Guertin; Sam Breslin, Sr., G, Pinkerton Academy; Carly Gould, Sr., F, Winnacunnet; McKenzie Brown, Jr., F, Bedford; Emily Hickey, Jr., G, Salem; Brenna Blakslee, Jr., G, Salem.

HONORABLE MENTION: Veronica Moceri, Jr., G, Alvirne; Kate Cole, Sr., G, Merrimack; Kaitlyn Petrocelli, Fr., F, Merrimack; Caitlyn Perry, Sr., G, Nashua South; Allie Hartford, Jr., G, Manchester Memorial; Casey Evans, So., F, Londonderry; Melissa McLeod, Jr., F, Winnacunnet; Ali Wilson, Sr., G, Keene; Val Martin, So., F, Pinkerton.

DIVISION II GIRLS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Moriah Morton, Lebanon

COACH OF THE YEAR: Dan Parr, Portsmouth

FIRST TEAM: Dina Pitsas, Sr., G, Milford; Ellie Flaum, Sr., G, Hollis Brookline; Moriah Morton, Sr., G, Lebanon; Emily Kehoe, Sr., G, Lebanon; Clairee Putnam, Jr., G, Windham; Alicia Brown, Sr., C, Portsmouth.

SECOND TEAM: Meghan Flynn, St. Thomas; Kelsey Schiebel, Windham; Rebecca DeBaldo, Pelham; Jen Schlim, Coe Brown; Lexi Hamilton, Hanover; Bernadett Connors, Windham.

HONORABLE MENTION: Rebekka Donovan, Merrimack Valley; Lauren White, Kennett; Devon Parker, Portsmouth; Heather King, Lebanon; Jordon Filion, Merrimack Valley; Rene Roggenbach, Goffstown; Nicole Matarazio, Kingswood; Rebecca Titcomb, John Stark; Sara Meister, Oyster River; Aleanna Claremont, Pembroke.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Mr and Miss Basketball

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Merrimack’s Gendron voted Mr. NH Basketball, BG’s Green named Miss NH Basketball

Merrimack High School junior guard Eric Gendron was voted Mr. New Hampshire Basketball and Bishop Guertin senior Meghan Green was named Miss New Hampshire basketball by the New Hampshire Basketball Coaches Association on Sunday.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 pm

To clear up any potential confusion.... Mr and Miss NH Basketball is a different award than POY. The Mr and Miss award is based on "on and off court performance" while POY is based on "on court" performance.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm

In the Senior All Star Game which I believe will be played at NHTI some time next weekend the D1 vs D2 Boy's game rosters should look close to this. These rosters are based on the top 10 to 12 seniors that place highest on the All State Teams:

D1:
Troy Pelletier
Dom Paradis
Mabor Gabriel
Jeff Lunn
Jack Preston
Kaleb Marquis
Tyler Livingston
Tong akot
Tyler Russ
Taylor Surette
Zoubel Iradukunda

D2:
Brandon Len
PJ Flaum
Dave Hampton
Matt Person
Ben Landry
Cyrus R-Ferrani
Nick Hoyd
Travis MacDonald
Connor Walsh
Zach Simmond
Chris Laurion

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Wow - a lot of my picks for POY made first team Very Happy

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm

"Wow - a lot of my picks for POY made first team"
Tulliver

Amazing given you were the female Claude Rains at basketball courts this past season Laughing

Claudette Tulliver Rains ??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 am

Nick MacGregor not even an honorable mention? You sure they got this right?

*Edit - and no Billy Carol from Dover as an honorable mention? Wooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:56 am

Justin, I believe your post will be the first of a few that will question some of the selections.

I find it interesting that Tim Preston did not make first team, but as I said when I made out my pics earlier, who do you take off the first team in order to get someone at the top of the second team on to the first team?

For what it is worth in the coach of the year they just showed the person who won. I have heard that Tim Cronin came in it very respectable second place.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:13 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Justin, I believe your post will be the first of a few that will question some of the selections.

I find it interesting that Tim Preston did not make first team, but as I said when I made out my pics earlier, who do you take off the first team in order to get someone at the top of the second team on to the first team?

For what it is worth in the coach of the year they just showed the person who won. I have heard that Tim Cronin came in it very respectable second place.

Personally I'd rather have Tim Preston than Gendron, but that's just me- saw Preston in person more. MacGregor and Caroll not being on the list anywhere is criminal. Especially MacGregor.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

POY

Post  rwvogeley on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:18 am

Congratulations to all the players mentioned. I do agree that there are some noticeable omissions like Dave Dunham at South.
This will always happen.
Best of luck to those going on to the next level and enjoy your college experience.
To those not playing next year, thank you for an enjoyable winter.
I think that too much is noticed for offense, so I would like to award these two awards
Defensive Player of the Year-Ryan Otis. He attacks the ballhandler and really takes the challenge of trying
to stop his opponent.
BAsket of the year-In a landslide it was a 'signature move" drop step power baseline move Mike M.

Again- Best of all to all of you.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 am

It's hard to argue with the selections. Tim Preston seems like a a first teamer to me but so do all those named to first team All State. There will always be omissions and it would be nice to see more players recognized for terrific seasons but you have to draw the line somewhere. Congratulations to all selected players for their well deserved honor.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Observer on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 am

What about Gatorade Player of the Year? or is that the same as Mr. and Mrs.?

My guess is it is not the same because Jamie Sherburne (Bishop Guertin) won the Gatorade Player of the Year for Girls.

The Observer
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 am

Carrol, Macgregor, Dunham, Boulay all should have gotten honorable mention, they had good years and derserved to be recgonized

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobcat on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Wayne Selden should be Gatorade POY and the debate stops there.

Bobcat
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:47 pm

McGregor made 2nd team - Telegraph omitted accidentally

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

POY, COY listings

Post  middleschoolball on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Does anyone have the Division 3 & 4 listings? I'd like to see them(as well as Dave Haley!)

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Tulliver wrote:McGregor made 2nd team - Telegraph omitted accidentally

So I can STOP writing all these nasty letters?! Smile

/Carroll should still be an HM though

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Write them to t&f instead - just for fun Smile

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Tulliver has a good sense of humor...... For some one who didn't go to many Smile games this season

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum