@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Final Four Tuesday Night?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Final Four Tuesday Night?

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 am

I think that South just wasn't as aggressive in the 2nd half, wasn't penetrating the Spaulding Zone and South was making mistake after mistake and Spaulding took every advantage they could. That last inbound play was not executed well by South, it costed them the game.

Justin...good job getting back by 10! My brother lives in Rochester and it takes us a little while to get there! Maybe I oughta get your secret!

Paradis and MacGregor played great basketball and we had no answer for them.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:32 am

SeacoastDad wrote:
JustinMcIsaac wrote:While the entire NHSportspage will be getting their first look at Trinity tomorrow night, I'll be at South vs Spaulding if you want to tune in!

Spaulding over South by 2.
I caught the last four minutes on the radio. Justin was in true Johnny Most / Tommy Heinsohn form tonight.

Jim Mulvey once called me the Seacoast version of Johnny Most. It remains the greatest thing anyone's ever said about me. Laughing

(Although, I've been much worse on the homer scale than tonight)

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 am

"And by my count, Paradis and Spaulding have knocked off Gendron, Lunn, and Preston. DOMinator for POTY!! ."
Justin

Justin, you got so excited you're calling the POY the POTY.

I will say this. The POY race tightened up with tonight's games. Gabriel and Pelletier each had outstanding games in the BIG ONE. Paradis had a great game by the sounds of it. I would hate to wrestle with this year's AS/POY ballot if I'm a head coach.

And don't look now, but in the much talked about last 4 game brutal stretch for Spaulding, they are 3 - 0 with their final game at Memorial.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 am

"Justin...good job getting back by 10! My brother lives in Rochester and it takes us a little while to get there! Maybe I oughta get your secret!"

DeafPanther

Justin's actual secret is that every Rochester policeman knows the WTSN mobile. Justin has carte blanche throughout the streets of Rochester. He can do no wrong behind the wheel and a couple of miles per hour over the speed limit Very Happy

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:39 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote: by goldenbear on Tue 26 Feb - 22:20

The officials in the South Spaulding game made a terrible sin as well with about 6.5 left Auger steals the ball from behind going towards Spaulding hoop and gain possession with over 5 left, the whole south bench is calling for timeouts and the officials not aware of the situation and out of possession did not grant the time out until 2.8.

Goldenbear, I wouldn't call it a sin. Officials primary job is what's happening in the game first and time outs 2nd. Every official is taught this. If an official is looking for a time out instead of a foul, violation or a ball that goes out of bounds then people would be roasting the official for not looking at the game situation and looking off court for a time out.

TF there was nothing to miss no other players around as soon as Auger stole the ball the trailing ref should have looked at the South bench ( you have to be aware of the situation in a game as a ref. ) They did not expect the hustle ball out of Auger and were caught out of position.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 am

I would vote for Pradis with Pellitier second in POY

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 am

Since we have brought up the discussion of POY...

Lunn had 20 pts and 15 Rebounds
Eric Gendron had 23 pts tonight
Paradis has 21 pts
Mabor Gabriel: 20 pts 14 rebounds
Giampetruzzi had 11 pts, 10 rebounds
Pelletier had 20 pts (only 2pts in the 4th quarter!)
Jack Preston had 18pts.

Interesting stat lines from tonight

I'm spending the rest of the night doing up playoff seeding situations!!! Wish me luck!!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 am

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:Since we have brought up the discussion of POY...

Lunn had 20 pts and 15 Rebounds
Eric Gendron had 23 pts tonight
Paradis has 21 pts
Mabor Gabriel: 20 pts 14 rebounds
Giampetruzzi had 11 pts, 10 rebounds
Pelletier had 20 pts (only 2pts in the 4th quarter!)
Jack Preston had 18pts.

Interesting stat lines from tonight

I'm spending the rest of the night doing up playoff seeding situations!!! Wish me luck!!

I'll have some analysis tomorrow as well, including a look at the 2nd annual GNG prediction contest.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:46 am

Goldenbear, easy to say that as one sitting on the sidelines. The game is MUCH easier when you're in a relaxed situation on the sidelines.

It's much easier to critique reffing from the sidelines.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am

Congratulations to Trinity for getting it done at crunch time against Central. Central controlled the game for three quarters and appears to match up very well with the Pioneers. Central was leading 38-32 with three minutes left in the third when Trinity began to pressure the ball. They had been laying back most of the game and from a strategic standpoint it seemed like this would favor the Little Green. Problem was, Central became passive on offense instead of attacking the basket. It almost felt like they were content to run time off the clock instead of going for the throat and making a 6 point lead a 12 point lead. Very frustrating loss for the Little Green. This was their game to win and for three quarters they really got after it. They only scored 7 points in the last 11 minutes of the game. Pretty tough to win against anybody with that lack of offensive output.

With Spaulding beating South, Central has clinched the 2 seed which may actually work out better for them from a match up standpoint. The second round of the tournament could be upset city as Dick Vitale would say.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum