@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Feb. 22nd Games

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feb. 22nd Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:55 am

Pembroke at Brady: Nice D2 matchup featuring Top dog in D2 vs the Bell Brothers. The comfy cozy Brady gym should have a playoff atmosphere tonight unless Brady fans wait until the playoffs to show up just like the South and Central fans did or did not last Tuesday.

Trinity at Dover: I just have a hunch Coach Romps will have his team ready for tonight. In the last couple of weeks Carmen G. has been the main guy for Trinity. The Pioneers still have the #1 seed in their sights. What the Pioneers shouldn't have in their sights is the wrong color Green. They should be thinking of the Green Wave tonight instead of the Little Green.

Winny at Memorial: Interesting matchup in that both teams like to run and get up and down the court at a frenetic pace. Potentially one of the highest scoring games in D1 is in the offing for this game tonight?

Alvirne at North, Bedford at Keene: It's all about hosting a prelim for Alvirne and Bedford as they are tied for 8th right now.

BG at Spaulding: The loser of this game draws their potentially last breath with regards to a Top 4 seed. The Red Raiders are in 5th and the Cardinals are in 6th. Spaulding is playing better ball right now and are at home. This would seam to favor Spaulding in this one. There are POY ramifications in this game as well. Paradis v Lunn should be a good one. Lunn has fallen in POY mentioning lately (9 points vs Concord), so BG and Lunn have a SIGNATURE win staring them in the face at the RCC tonight.

A game Pete Tarrier might want to attend: North at Alvirne girl's game. 2 of the top teams in D1. They are jostling for the 4th to 6th seeds in this game. North for the 4th or 5th and the Lady Broncos for the 5th or 6th.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Re: Feb. 22nd Games

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm finally going to be able to see Andrew Ruffen tonight...I'm going to Salem to watching Pinkerton play where the baskets are bigger and I am excited to see both teams play each other.

While my Panther boys are in Londonderry to play the Lancers and I wish them Good Luck!!!

I'm also excited for the Winnie/Memorial game (I think this game is going to give one of these teams major momentum going into the last week and the playoffs) and for the Dover/Trinity game. I think Trinity has to be careful where they tread tonight if they want that #1 Seed.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbasketball on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

winny 62 memorial 50

nhbasketball
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Wow thats an upset.

Pembroke had their way with Brady and won by about 18 going away.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Londonderry V. South game was interesting, South was up 26-15 midway through the 2nd quarter then Lancers went 2-3 zone and it was 26-24 at the half. I love ROb Wilson game the 6-6 sophomore is could be a player ( not sure if football comes first for him) Max Coleman also played well for hitting a bunch of threes. The teams traded basket to start the third with the lead going from 5-3 for most of the third. Jack Preston hit 4 baseline jumper and had a nice drive to keep South up.

Coleman than crossed up T. Preston and he went to the ground and next time down the court Coleman hit another three to keep londonderry in the game. The Lancer crowd started to get excited and Tim Preston got a little made and then the game was over. Tim hit two threes, a bucket, and 1 out for 2 from the line and Dunham and Joyal knocked a few threes and the lead was up 13 points.

It is expected for 16-18 year old kids to relax a little after a big win but Londondery can score the ball a bit and 2-3 zone can bother south a bit.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Pinkerton threatened at the end of the game but never could overcome the huge deficit at Salem as the Blue Devils win: 67-61

Pinkerton 17-29-40-61
Salem 19-40-52-67

It was close in the beginning, Pinky's size was a big advantage. Pinky was using a Triangle + 2 or a Diamond + 1 to contain Ruffan but during the 2nd Quarter, Salem was scorching the Pinky Defense so bad that Coach Rosinski was using every defense in their arsenal and settled for Man Defense (which ended up helping them a little but Salem was still raining 3s). Pinky's size actually became a disadvantage in the open and half court game. The little guys being shifty and moving without the ball got their big men all lost or the big men would commit to a drive or screen. Salem decided to play their Delay with 5 mins left and got extremely conservative. Pinky's size became an advantage at the end of the game when Salem was missing layups and short-range shots and got to 4 pts with under 1 minute to play. Salem had a double digit lead through the whole 2nd half except for within the last 1-2 minutes of the 4th quarter. This is scary for me if I was the Salem coach that my fellas cannot finish games and if they finish games like they have against another team, they would lose.

Salem showed bits of Brilliance throughout this game but I still think they are far away from being a contender.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Carmen G led Trinity in scoring with 31 points. Gabriel had 15 points. Trinity 67 Dover 61

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:04 am

I have a source who told me that Spaulding crushed BG 61-48

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:16 am

Spaulding has to get by South and Memorial next week to secure a Top 4 seed.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 am

The Telegraph posted the games stats and the stat line is different than what I thought they would.

Lunn had 14 pts with Niarhos and Zimmerman with 9pts each

For Spaulding it was Paradis, McGregor, and Grey leading the way with 18, 13, 10 pts respectively

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 am

goldenbear wrote:Londonderry V. South game was interesting, South was up 26-15 midway through the 2nd quarter then Lancers went 2-3 zone and it was 26-24 at the half. I love ROb Wilson game the 6-6 sophomore is could be a player ( not sure if football comes first for him) Max Coleman also played well for hitting a bunch of threes. The teams traded basket to start the third with the lead going from 5-3 for most of the third. Jack Preston hit 4 baseline jumper and had a nice drive to keep South up.

Coleman than crossed up T. Preston and he went to the ground and next time down the court Coleman hit another three to keep londonderry in the game. The Lancer crowd started to get excited and Tim Preston got a little made and then the game was over. Tim hit two threes, a bucket, and 1 out for 2 from the line and Dunham and Joyal knocked a few threes and the lead was up 13 points.

It is expected for 16-18 year old kids to relax a little after a big win but Londondery can score the ball a bit and 2-3 zone can bother south a bit.

The older Peston impressed me tonight with his ability to play away from the basket. The Lancer zone was effective unitl he hit those 4 corner jumpers. Was not aware he had that in his game until tonight. Londonderry challenged him to hit those shots and he did. Moved up a notch in my POY vote. I thought Tim Preston was good but not "POY" good tonight. Tends to over-dribble for my liking.

Wilson does not play football. Actually plays hoop year round for Frank Alosa's Granite State Raiders. Needs to get in better shape and play meaner. Coleman has every offense skill in the book but due to injuries is forced into a point role that wears him down late in games.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Jack Quirk is a quote machine.

Post  GNG on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 am

Last line in the UL article today after he lost to Winnie with not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 players missing. Sad None of the players missing were injury related.

" The only thing I can depend on is undependability", Rolling Eyes

It makes it hard to root for my old school when the fans care more about the team then the players. Evil or Very Mad

Now it makes perfect sense why Fitzy moved on to Bedford. Basketball He doen't have to deal with kids who don't care, or think they are above the rules.

One other little sidebar- props to Jim Fennell. The guy is doing a great job with his writeups of games.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Golden Bear

Post  rwvogeley on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 am

I agree with your assesment of Wilson at Londonderry. I saw him last year at BG and love his attitude. His mechanics shooting the ball , and his hustle on D really impressed me. He needs to get into shape becasue I feel he is a diamondin the rough. In two years, if he dosen't go to prep school, he could and should dominate in NH if he gets into shape. Otherwise he will be a huge question mark.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 am

After soaking in what happened to Memorial in last night's loss to Winny, one would almost get the impression some of the Memorial players are counting the days down until the AAU season starts.

AAU practices and games aren't subject to academic and behavioral consequences.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:56 am

Wilson is only sophomore so he as some physical maturing still do as in the baby fat still turning into man muscle.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 am

Here's the UL article that lists the numerous, plethora and number of problems with the Crusader players:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130222/SPORTS21/130229628

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am

Edge I agree with your overall view of T. Preston game last night but that 4 minute stretch when they put the game away, was lead by him he had 9 points and numerous assist and the game was over like that.

He as always played with such ease, ( some would call in nonchalant) it is really hard to get a read on his game if you dont not watch him a ton. He does tend to over dribble, but the as more to do with Coach Mazz wanting to drain clock then is does with his overall game.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:44 pm

It's truly a shame to see what is happening to the Memorial program. Such high expectations coming into the season to see the dedication to their team just isn't there. Like someone else said on a post earlier, makes you wonder why the coach left for Bedford. Now there are a group of players that have a fire to win.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:After soaking in what happened to Memorial in last night's loss to Winny, one would almost get the impression some of the Memorial players are counting the days down until the AAU season starts.

AAU practices and games aren't subject to academic and behavioral consequences.

Funny you say that, because the Bishop Elite has already started having practices and going to tournaments.

Added by Moderators - Only confirmation of Bishop Elite activity is for non-hs programs at this point which would NOT conflict with any HS team including Memorial's.

Last edited by Tulliver on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added clarifying facts)

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:33 pm

"Funny you say that, because the Bishop Elite has already started having practices and going to tournaments."
Jeremy

This basketball math problem might read as:

1 plus 1 = Disinterested Memorial players

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 am

JL are you positive about that, Bishop Elite as combined with a few other AAU organization and all their coaches (Sudi and Mann the JV Londonderry coach) have been at the tryouts for grade 5,6,7, and 8 this past weekend and previous weekends as well.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:13 am

Bishop or as they are known now NEB (combining with 2 other AAU programs) have been having tryouts the last couple of weeks. I don't believe they have played in any tournaments.

It would be an incredibly bad conflict for a HS player to go play in an AAU tournament while his JV or Varsity season is still in progress.

Maybe, there have been AAU Tournaments for some of the younger divisions, U11, U12, U13 etc., but i would doubt if there have been any tournaments for the upper divisions.

If there are any AAU Tournaments in the month of Feb. then you have to ask the simple question:

WHY?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm

And therein lies one of the many problems with the AAU system. Well, that...and they (majority of programs) don't teach basketball the way it should be taught. But I digress........the above scenario should never play out... Unbelievable...

CLARIFYING - my point was not to discredit Bishop Elite. There are tons of AAU programs (I know nothing of BE so can't comment) who roll the ball out and collect a check. Not pointing out any in particular. They do nothing to make your son or daughter better.

Last edited by EBlessNHSP on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

EBlessNHSP wrote:And therein lies one of the many problems with the AAU system. Well, that...and they (majority of programs) don't teach basketball the way it should be taught. But I digress........the above scenario should never play out... Unbelievable...

I for one am a big supporter of Bishop Elite/NEB. The only thing that has occured in February to my knowledge is 5th-8th grade tryouts. The HS tryouts are not until mid March around the same date as the NHIAA final so only two teams will have an issue and I am sure Sudi Lett will have no problem if players don't make the 1st tryout because of it.
My son played for Sudi last year but will not this AAU season due to a knee injury. Sudi could of easily walked away from him knowing it is his last year of AAU eligibility. Instead, to keep him in the Bishop "family", he offered him a chance to coach a 5th grade developmental team.
As far as teaching the right way of playing basketball if you ever saw last years 17U National Bishop team play you would be highly impressed with the way they played team basketball on both ends of the floor. If stressing agressive man-to-man defense with help side rotations and sharing the ball on offense is wrong then I don't know much about basketball.
The Memorial players being ineligible due to issues that have nothing to do with Bishop Elite and/or Sudi Lett.

Last edited by Tulliver on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : We do not reveal reasons for ineligibility as these are kids and we model respect and value privacy.)

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 pm

There as be no tournaments and JL posts should be edited and erased and he should be warned, this negative talk of Memorial and its players and Sudi would not be tolerated if were other programs.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum