@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Turkey Bowl Games

Go down

Turkey Bowl Games Empty Turkey Bowl Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:19 pm

At halftime it is Trinity 7 Central 7.

Trinity scored first with a nice drive and with Carrier smash mouthing a 1 yard TD run.

Central tied the game up with a Cote to Pelletier 38 yard TD pass.

Both Cote and Carmen G have looked sharp. Trinity should be up, but a Trinity receiver dropped a certain TD pass from Carmen G. It would've been a 65 yard TD pass. The Trinity receiver dropped a perfectly thrown pass from G at the 25 yard line of Central with 2 yards of separation from the last Central defender and nothing but oxygen between him and the end zone.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Turkey Bowl Games Empty Re: Turkey Bowl Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Trinity caught Central sleeping and started the 2nd half with an onside kick which they recovered at the Central 34 yard line.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Trinity drives down after recovering onside kick and on a 4th down play G play actions from the Central 8 yd line and hits Theroux with a TD pass.

9:37 left in 3rd quarter Trinity 14 Central 7.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Central answers back with a quick 3 minute 78 yard TD drive capped with a Cote to Pelletier 6 yard TD pass.

Tied at 14 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Central caught Trinity sleeping on a 4th down fake punt from the Trinity 48. The Central punter ran 23 yards for the key 1st down, but ...... 2 plays later Cote looked for Pelletier in the end zone and was intercepted by Chambers who returned it 38 yards....... Masuko with a huge run of over 50 yards. 3rd quarter ends with Trinity 1st and goal from the Central 8.......

......On 4th and goal from the 1 yard line G rolls left and does a Burt Reynolds "Longest Yard" attempted leap into end zone and fumbles into the end zone...... Mad scramble by a plethora of players from both teams.......

Trinity recovers..... Trinity 21 Central 14 9 minutes left in game.

Central receiver just fumbled at Central 28..... Trinity recovers.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Trinity drives in for another TD with a 5 yard TD run by Masuko. Extra point missed.

7 minutes left in game Trinity 27 Central 14

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Cote with a 3 yard TD run extra point good. 5:13 left Trinity 27 Central 21.

Central with an unsuccessful onside kick. Trinity takes over at their 39. Trinity trying to run the clock down. G with a huge 3rd down pass conversion to Central 37.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Centrali just used their 1st TO to stop the clock with 3:12 left. I can't tell you how huge the 3rd down throw was by Giampetruzzi to keep possession and clock going.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Final Trinity 27 Central 21

Division 4 number 2 team beats Division 1 number 3 team.

They say things come in 3's..... Well, a few weeks back I told Pete:

1) I'll take my chances with G at QB in the Turkey Day game. Check.

2) I'll take a motivated Trinity team over an un-motivated Central team in the Turkey Bowl. Check.

3) Trinity will defeat Central in the Turkey Bowl. Check.

One would think with a D4 beating a D1 and showing once again how weak D1 was overall this past season, it would further validate Winny being the best team in the state.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 pm

I love Pete Tarrier. I love you

He contacted me and said since Central played Trinity tough in the Turkey Bowl he's going to put Central in his Power Poll Top 10...... On his Central football cell phone wall paper, while wearing his Central football sweatshirt, in his green socks while drinking his Little Green mint julep.

Happy Thanksgiving Pete. Love your sense of humor !!!!

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Couple of interesting tid bits from the announcers while watching this game (John Trisciani did a good job. He does a nice job of picking out the nuances of the game while being funny):

Central's football program has more freshman on their roster than Trinity has players in their whole program.

In the 1920s, I think? Central played Concord on Thanksgiving. Both of the schools had Crimson for their school colors. The schools agreed that the winner of the game would keep Crimson as their color and the loser would have to find another school color. Central lost and became the Little Green. Central won the next 7 Turkey Day games against Concord.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:00 pm

How about the other games?

North made a comeback on South 14-13, South led at Half 13-0.

Souhegan beat Merrimack 41-14.

But what about Merrimack's HC not being at the game?? I think something up in Merrimack.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:40 pm

This was in the Telegraph concerning the absence of the Merrimack coach yesterday:

"One disappointment Beliveau was left with at the end of the day was not having Tomahawks head coach Joe Battista on the other sideline. Battista, a former assistant under Beliveau at Souhegan, was not present for the Thanksgiving game for undisclosed reasons. Filling in as interim head coach for Merrimack was Justin Smith, who couldn’t comment on Battista’s absence."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I suspect GNG is digging through his Merrimack connections to get to the bottom of this and will provide a full report...

Unless of course he's still in the Gillette Stadium parking lot or "elsewhere" in the greater Foxborough area Laughing Laughing

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:38 pm

GNG is back safely in NH. It was testy for him to leave Jets Stadium last night after the Pats 30 point victory. He said something about Jets fans pelting him and his party with debris as they left Jets Stadium and saying the Pats ****ing suck even after their beloved Jets put on one of the worst performances in NFL history.

I'm sure he's digging like a grave digger trying to get to the bottom of the Merrimack story.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Turkey Bowl Games Empty Is it possible?

Post  Newman on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Should the Merrimack job become available. Eric Sabean welcomed you know who, as a linebacker coach when he was at St. A's not too long ago. Anything is possible.

Newman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Newman, we couldn't be possibly going down the To...... Road again? You know the Asst and other Forum members refill their toilet paper dispensers when ever the talk turns to To........ Wooops better not say his name Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:36 pm

oh yeah... right it was in NJ last night - wasn't even thinking about that... Embarassed Embarassed Well at least he went to the right field!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:42 pm

After Thanksgiving/Pre game celebrating, the only way GNG found his way to jetZ Stadium, was because he was lead by some capable sense of direction friends.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum