@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Know what's BUGGIN me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Know what's BUGGIN me

Post  GNG on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:27 am

People that come on sites and take potshots at guys like Jeremy for having an opinion.Most of you people don't have the sack to make predictions. Do I think Dover is top 10? Nope. Doesn't mean I don't like Jeremy. This dude knows more then quite a few of the "so called experts".

Jeremy isn't afraid to ask tough questions when he does an interview. I would have loved to seen him interview TOJO instead of the total PUFF PIECE Thaler did. I believe there are alot of people in NH who want to know what happened.

While I am on reporters doing total PUFF PIECES. Tom King, you do the area a great disservice when you say the main reason CJ wasn't playing was a shoulder impingement. {read friday's telegraph}.

Are the reporters for these papers lazy?
Are they instructed to just write fluff pieces and don't go digging for a real juicy story?

Last edited by EBlessNHSP on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yes it is wrong to talk about a players grades, that's not sports related...please refrain from that.)

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Re: Know what's BUGGIN me

Post  GNG on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:47 am

Remember this my friends, the polls are meaningless. They mean nothing. The purpose of these polls is to get people talking hs football.

I WAS WRONG- I said BG football wouldn't make the playoffs. Embarassed

I WAS RIGHT- I said Spaulding wouldn't make the playoffs. Smile

I STILL MIGHT BE RIGHT- I said Bedford- Keene in the finals. Smile

I WAS WRONG- West football. Great win over Keene. Coaching does make a difference. Very Happy

I WAS AS RIGHT AS RIGHT CAN BE- Merrimack football. Coaching does make a difference. Twisted Evil

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:35 am

I agree with the "Marshmallow-ization" of today's reporters. Everything is so politically correct now a days. I didn't even read the PUFF PIECE Thaler wrote on Johnson because I learned all I needed to know about the BG situation a few weeks ago when I had the pleasure of being in Tojo's company.

To paraphrase a VP candidate from a couple of elections ago with regards to PUFF PIECES:

"Sir, I knew Woodward and Bernstein and you are NO Woodward and Bernstein."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:56 am

I agree GNG. Go watch my interview with the Somersworth FB Coach after their win over Stevens, I butchered it. And I mean butchered it. I'll be the first to admit it. Not sure if it was puff-worthy but it certainly was not good. Hopefully I'll improve!

I'll say this - if Jeremy is going to make a controversial opinion, anybody should be allowed to voice his opinion against it. That's mostly what's going on here. Jeremy can have his, and anybody else can have theirs. I'm no sure where the issue is. Look, if, as a sportswriter/blogger/forum member your opinions are not of the general opinion, you're gonna hear it! Your credibility is only as good as the public opinion makes it. Sorry, but the vast majority of Coaches, Media Members and forum members don't agree with his, so be it. No big deal...moving on.

As far as people liking/disliking Jeremy - not sure that even matters. If you like what he does, go read his Blog, if you don't....don't read it! You have a choice here. He's actually doing a very smart thing from a marketing perspective, his unpopular opinion about a team that is 1-6 is the most talked about item on this forum in the last 9 months. Free marketing! They say bad publicity is still good publicity.

I personally like Jeremy. He's a nice kid. Met him several times will always shake hands with him like any other acquaintance I have. Professionally we've had our ups and downs, he's rubbed some media members the wrong way, including me, and done things that really tick people off. There's no secret over that. Go read his public exchange with Marc Thaler on Twitter, go read Dave Haley's comments from a few days ago, go read Justin McIsaac's public tweets...he was banned for over a year on this very forum. Put the pieces together, these are all public things that occurred. Things have gotten to a point where some of us cannot do it privately any longer and things have boiled over.

I never want this forum to be space for media members to come voice their displeasure over each other, Twitter is a much better platform for that but this stuff happens in every media market. You think the guys from EEI and SportsHub get along every day? I hear them take constant shots at each other just listening on an afternoon. I'm sure Haley/T&F or GNG can give some great examples of Globe/Herald guys going at each other in the past...

BTW....there's some good football this afternoon. Perhaps we should discuss that.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Quick question, since I'm not a math guy...West is currently 4-4 in D2 and just beat Keene, now 6-2. In theory (and it's a longshot), if Keene were to lose out and West win out, West would have the tiebreaker over Keene to make the playoffs..it is interesting to think about, especially when 2 years ago West was forced to move down from D1 to D2 and STILL went winless. Kudos to those players and their coach.
In less far-fetched theory land, this loss by Keene gives BG a pretty good shot at having a home game in the playoffs.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  dadncoach on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:59 pm

As a newbie and the one who started the Dover thread, I will agree with you that the polls are about getting people to talk about football. It sure did in this case. I stand by my opinion that a 1-6 team in a pool lacks credibility, and I have stated why. Over the past few years, I have followed two sites, this one and Jeremy's. I am expanding into the others more recently. I give Jeremy all of the credit for the time he spends on NH sports. He covers girls basketball like no other. Whether you agree with everything he posts (team and player rankings), you cannot fault his passion for it.

Way too nice to be in here, days disappearing fast. Have a great Saturday all.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum