New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper.

4 posters

Go down

Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper. Empty Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper.

Post  GNG Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:45 am

Can't wait to see if he asked the one question that EVERYONE wants to know.

Is it true that a mother of a player threatening to sue the school was your ultimate undoing at BG ?

He must of right.

T@F wrote there was a 99.99% that TOJO will never coach NH HS football ever again. So your saying there's a chance. Very Happy

The word on the street is the new AD in Merrimack wants a winning football team.

TOJO loves rebuilding challenges.

JUST SAYIN... Cool

Last edited by GNG on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper. Empty Re: Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper.

Post  JAF Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 am

Why would he leave a program voluntarily for which he's doing the same thing now to go backwards to a HS in NH? He'll have less control and be forced to work in a system (NHIAA) where he might not be able to attract those speedy athletes and their parents willing to shell out extra dough in order to be able to compete at the level which he is accustomed. Read Thaler's post today about WA & BG and think of the reasons you and many others went to BG...

I think you need to let the past go. Your son made it through w/ Tojo around. You know what they say about icing on the cake or the tip of the iceberg?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper. Empty Re: Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:06 pm

GNG: If you want to quote me, then get your facts straight. I said it's a 99% chance ToJo would not come back to NH to coach at Merimmack, not NH.

I'm not one to steal Thaler's thunder tomorrow, but because of the fact I spent adecent day with ToJo a little while ago and asked him the exact same BIG question, the answer is a resounding......

........... YES

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Marc Thaler has an article about TOJO in Sunday's paper. Empty JAF, here are some reasons why.

Post  GNG Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:54 pm

He wouldn't have to live in Mass. away from his wife.

Merrimack is dripping with athletes just waiting to be coached.

He would have a chance to stick it to BG.

When TOJO is vindicated I will let the past go.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxSportsNH Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:54 pm

GNG wrote:He wouldn't have to live in Mass. away from his wife.

Merrimack is dripping with athletes just waiting to be coached.

He would have a chance to stick it to BG.

When TOJO is vindicated I will let the past go.

I am with GNG on this one in many many ways.

-Merrimack has quality athletes that LOVE football and should be contending year after year for playoffs. it has got to be so frustrating watching those games as a parent and Supporter of Merrimack Football.
-Tojo Vindication for the travesty @ BG is deserved. While winning a ship last year with "new" head coach was good for the seniors, they could have likely
won even with a coach like the one in Merrimack, since they had 3 years with Tojo. and Frankly word on the sidelines was a consistent "Kids won this despite the coaching"

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:40 am

GNG you may end up being bitterly disappointed then especially if you feel that Merrimack would be his best chance. Remember it's not just the coaching position. If the baseball incident had happened in Merrimack had happened 6 months earlier maybe he would be at Merrimack right now with both jobs, but in life timing is everything. I have no doubt he would right that ship in Merrimack eventually.

BTW: The way things will be set in the future, Merrimack/BG may only play once every 3 years, right - Merrimack is in the South with Pinkerton, Goffstown, Salem, and Londonderry. So in order for them to even play BG in playoffs they'd have to be Pinkerton. The cards are stacked against them. The Cards on the other hand have North, South, Keene, and Alvirne. If you are Tojo thinking about a return to NH which of those programs would you consider heading off to rebuild? I doubt very much he'd get both jobs at one of the schools, but another in the list hasn't exactly had "spectacular" leadership in the AD position considering all that's happened on their hardwood (I think it was last year or the year before). That school also already has the spread option installed, too... Not that their head coach is planning to leave any time soon, but if he were...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:48 am

My two basic points are these.

I would like to see TOJO coach in NH again. I don't care where he coaches.

I believe Merrimack's program has bottomed out. Time to see if someone else can do the job.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down