@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Who beats Portsmouth this year?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who beats Portsmouth this year?

Post  ClippersAlumni on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Hey guys,

I've been a regular here reading for some time and decided to open an account.

I've been following the team the last couple of years and then I saw the roster for this year compared to years past. I was on the 2008, 2009 State championship teams.

I know they're bound to lose at some point, but which team will do it?

I don't think it will be STA because they are more nervous playing Portsmouth than vice versa, andeven more than bedford who has it coming for PHS with Football and Basketball.

Who is going to stop this streak?
ClippersAlumni
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Re: Who beats Portsmouth this year?

Post  JAF on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Welcome to the dark side as a contributor Very Happy rather that pure reader study

In the regular season? I'd say it'd be a good pitcher that beats them if anything. Perhaps a day when the defense forgets their fundamentals... If they face Jordan Bean - perhaps STA. He did no hit Dover - regardless of whether they are good or bad, a nohitter is impressive... Depending on whether they play defense for him and he's on, Terry Dugdale from Souhegan would be another choice. Tough call beyond that though. I really don't know the teams all that well in D2, but it may not stop until they face a Goffstown or Hollis in the playoffs. I read that Hollis is pretty deep pitching wise and Goffstown always presents a good challenge. Yes, not much changes from LL days...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  ClippersAlumni on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:34 pm

I think it's going to be tough for Bean to beat them, they all played little league and legion together. But Portsmouth isn't boasting of a D1 pitcher anymore, not even a D2. Holt is throws alright but he isn't over powering and he is Portsmouth ace, The only advantage I see for Portsmouth this year is they returned a good portion of their hitting line-up and the fact that they have been so dominant that teams that step on the field already have it in their head that they are going to lose so that will play a huge part in keeping the streak going but I fear this is the year they go down. I still think they will win the Championship baised on experience but I think they take a fall in the regular season. Even though I don't want to see that happen.
ClippersAlumni
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  mwvfan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:29 am

I agree that a good pitcher will likely get it done. Kennett can beat them next week if Nick Massa's on the mound and the team fields the ball. Nick and his battery mate Josh Drew played with many of the Portsmouth boys in summer ball and will not be intimidated. In fact, Nick was the Mavericks leading hitter and pitcher in his days with the Mavericks on a team filled with Portsmouth and other talented seacoast players. Josh has developed into an excellent hitter and catcher. When Kennett fields the ball cleanly they're very good. They get in trouble when they don't. It will be up to Drew and Massa to lead the other players past nerves due to any possible intimidation. On a given day, anything can happen... especially when a good pitcher is on the hill. Don't be shocked if its next Friday in Portsmouth.

mwvfan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm

St. Thomas Aquinas of Dover rallied for four runs in the bottom of the 7th inning to upset Portsmouth 5-4, ending the Clippers national-record consecutive game winning streak at 89. Craig Teed pitched a scoreless 7th for STA to pick up the win in relief of Jordan Bean. STA strung together several clean singles (perhaps one double as well) in the 7th to push across their four runs. It was a well-played game. Congratulations to both teams.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum